Thursday, March 6, 2008

KDFW FOX 4 GIVES REBECCA AGUILAR THE PINK SLIP



After months of waiting, Rebecca Aguilar, NAHJ broadcast journalist of the year, got an updated on the job status at Fox 4 News -- pack your bags. According to DFW News Blogger "Uncle Ed Barky" Fox 4 officially fired Rebecca wednesday.

"I just think it's really sad that I gave this company 14 years and I did about 6,000 interviews," she said. "And now I'm out of a job because of one interview? It's like in one swoop it ruined my reputation. It ruined my name." - according to the blog post.

No word from Channel 4 on the news editor or other staff who worked with her that night when she aired a story on elderly West Dallas salvage business owner who shot and killed two burglars in his property.

In the blog story, Rebecca says she doesn't know what's next and that she will do whatever it takes to "restore" her reputation.

Read Uncle Barky's blog's for more details.